After 22 years in broadcast advertising, Dirk Keller founded Common Sense Advertising in 2002. He started his own firm because he wanted to meet a need for small- to mid-sized businesses in the Corridor area.
Dirk saw many organizations struggling to spread their message in an increasingly chaotic marketing and messaging environment and knew that his services would be essential to allowing many new and existing organizations to meet their bottom line.
Dirk started small, but Common Sense Advertising grew to serve clients in the following sectors: Banking/Finance, Hi-Tech, Health Services, Professional Services, Community/Nonprofit, Entertainment, Retail/Service, and Politics/Elections. The original model of quick, efficient, nimble service coupled with skillful negotiation is the foundation of the business.
In 2016 the group welcomed Molly Altorfer and Glen Gardner, thus re-branding as The Common Sense Collective. Glen retired in 2019 but continues to consult with Common Sense on various client accounts.
The Common Sense Collective is a full-service strategic marketing and communications firm. The group now serves clients across North America.
Common Sense People
Founder & Partner
- Serving the media sales industry since 1981
- Serving clients in Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, and on the West and East Coasts to navigate the media minefield
- Strategic buying expert with extensive experience in behavior motivation and psychographic targeting.
- Extensive negotiation expertise and success comes with years of experience in the various media outlets and their ability to impact behavior. Dirk’s relationships are also invaluable in motivating interviews, news coverage and price.
- Messaging specialist with 18 years of experience in planning, design, implementation and evaluation of campaigns crafted to influence public opinion and behavior.
- Expert in institutional messaging, communication planning, social media strategy and publication.
- Extensive experience in helping non-profits and higher education institutions achieve stunning results. She’s sat in the Marketing chair!
- Skill set ensures efficiency, which is key to generating favorable return on marketing investment.
- More than 40 years of experience creating hundreds of campaigns for companies across Internet, television, radio, direct mail and database.
- Google Engage certified, HootSuite certified and GoDaddy Pro certified.
- Developed and implemented sales, marketing and loyalty systems that have been successfully implemented at companies across the globe.
- Expert at interpreting data and analytics as a way to develop effective strategies and set quantifiable goals.
Put Common Sense to Work for You!
Call the Common Sense Collective team for a no-cost evaluation of your current marketing efforts.